Thursday, June 11, 2009

Guide Profile: Aaron Beck


What kept you busy last winter in the off-season?

I assisted for Boise-based commercial and landscape photographer Glenn Oakley, and drove a computer for a stock photography business in Boise, Idaho Stock Images. When storms rolled through Boise I drove up to the local ski resort before the chair lifts opened and hiked five or six runs before heading into work. I also carved out time for a Yurt trip in the Tetons, skiing with my Dad, some kite-skiing on the Camas Prairie, and I visited my sister (Emily) in Libby Montana where she was completed out-patient rotations for her third year of med-school. The highlight of the off-season was participating in the 2009 US Paragliding Nationals in California in April.

How long have you guided?

I started working on rivers the summer I turned 14. 1998 was my first season with Rocky Mountain and Dave and Sheila. I'm super excited to be back with all my good friends for the 2009 river season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home